dogon it anyway.

Discussion in 'Pork' started by minn.bill, Nov 17, 2007.

1. minn.bill

minn.bill Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

going to do my 1st lion on sunday, so i got onlineand started reading .now i cant make up my mind,do i pullit ?do i steak it ? do i rub it? do i use dutches jelly recipie? or do i stuff it? they all sound to good to pass up.guess my real ? is a loin to good a piece to pull ? confussed again in minn.

2. walking dude

walking dude Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

frist off.........how big IS the LION?.......and its against the law to kill a lion for food.......heheheh.......j/k

as for loin........i would slice it......butts are more for pulling

d88de

3. think i would stuff it. the boss os gonna do one tommorrow to and benn talking about stuffing all week sounds good.

4. walking dude

is this a WHOLE loin......or a rolled loin?

d88de

5. minn.bill

i think it's a whole lion. like i said its my 1st one, its about 4'' round and 2' long and is 6 lbs

6. walking dude

you're killing me here bill......heheh....you ARE meaning a LOIN right......not a LION.....wich is a wild beast?

thats a nice loin.........i am doing a feast for my wife;s company in Jan.

and they want a sit down meal.......in other words.........sliced meats.....not sandwiches......i was discussing this with smokebuzz, and he said....if you want to slice pork......use a loin.......not a butt......butt you pull.......loins you slice......now others here have talked bout stuffing a loin.....but i have no clue how to do that ........unless its a ROLLED roast....

d88de

7. richtee

richtee Smoking Guru OTBS Member

loins are best sliced. Do your rub, and wrap it in bacon... or split it to stuff, then wrap. Don't kill it, take it out at 150° and either cooler or foil it for a 15-20 min rest, then slice. I like to foil wrap, 'cause then ya get some juice for a sauce to serve over it... :{)

8. minn.bill

[​IMG] good thing the game wardens wernot on line .probably get in a little trouble with a lion on the grill. thanks for the info i will slice this one this time and try a but next time