Does Finishing sauce need Refrigeration?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

norrell6

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jun 4, 2008
Indianapolis, IN
I made SoFlaQuer's finishing sauce and one called Wanda's Sauce. Do these vinegar based sauces need to be refrigerated? Anybody have any experience with this?

I dont think so cuz you don't have to keep vinegar in the fridge...what else is in it? if there are say chunks of garlic I would think you would want to strain it before you kept it at room temp... but a solid like red pepper flakes I don't think would be an issue...my .02

Can't help you yet. I frige just to be sure but Soflaquer will chime in I'm sure.

How bout that Wanda's recipe?

I fridge it too. Can't hurt, I hope. I figure the sugar is in there, so it could spoil, but would bet it takes a really long time. Any reason not too?

A high vinegar content sauce without much veg/protein content will keep well at room temps, but I keep mine cold for long term storage. I don't worry for the day, tho... or when transporting it for use.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky