Does anyone here believe this??!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jimr

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 20, 2008
Fountain City, Wisconsin
I'm talking about the three people who went to Iraq on vacation and were "hiking" along the Iranian border and were captured. Since when has a war zone been a major travel priority to anyone other than the U.S. military, the CIA and Geraldo Rivera??

But maybe I'm wrong.........This story is so ridiculous it almost has to be true. Maybe it's the perfect cover story devised by none other than.......

MAXWELL SMART!!!!

If it is true....can we say "how dumb can someone be" vacationing in a war zone?

At least they all have their Idiot Badges. Doesn't our armed forces have enough to do in Iraq. I hope we get them back and give them a Good *#* woppin.

What Scott said!!^^^
icon_rolleyes.gif

the
Farrelly brothers..who live just down the road from me, made a movie about this stuff. "Dumb and Dumber"

I been around waaaay to long to believe this hiking bull#$%t
PDT_Armataz_01_33.gif

One of them did keep some rather interesting company. From Shane Bauer's blog. This guy was either not very smart, which I find hard to believe given the number of dangerous areas he's been too, or this story is not quite what it seems.

Hell, people dive off of cliffs and skyscrapers, ingest copious amounts of poison (and I'll never stop...), piss off 1200LB bulls just to run from them, and send themselves flying through the air on bicycles knowing damn well somethings gonna break when they hit the ground (infact I was sponsored by GT bikes to just that).
My point being, Yeah, lot's of people kill themselves for a good time. But making someone else risk their lives to save your stupid God forsaken A** during or after the fact is selfish and inane.

Not to mention, (coming from that idiot on an airborne bike) it's kind of a cop out...

Some people believe they can go on their adventures and everything will turn out hunky dory. My sons best friend last year either hiked or local bus from Cairo to Cape Town, in other words all most from one end of Africa to the other. He as hiked and traveled all over the world. He was robbed 3 times at gun point, once in Nairobi, twice in Johannesburg. He had a several other close calls. His travel adventures have inspired my kids to travel, my daughter will return on Thursday from 3 months in France, Italy and Spain (obviously not quite Africa or the deadly heart of Middle East), she just finished the El Camino Pilgrimage in Spain a 500 mile hike. Both of my sons have traveled and hiked extensively, but that is another story.

depends on your passion, that area of the world IS Mesopotamia, the cradle of civilization and the alledged birthplace of man, haven't you seen Indiana Jones, them archeologists ain't scared of a little war!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky