Do you let your ribs rest?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sure do...for about 10-15 minutes or longer.  Any meat once cooked should be rested to allow the juices to redistribute.  Lots of folks think there is not enough meat on ribs to worry about this...wrong!  Plus, there is usually time before everyone sits down to allow the rest.

Of course, the cooks and assistants samples don't rest quite as long...only 2 or 3 minutes...
biggrin.gif

Let 'em rest, you won't regret it.

Good luck,

Bill

I agree with Bill! I try to rest ribs 30 minutes before cutting them up. Try it and you'll see a difference.

Red

I don't intentionally rest Ribs but once pulled from the smoker and tented to wait for the Sides and People to get to the table 15-20 minutes passes...Cut and Serve...JJ

I didn't let my first set of ribs rest and they were good, but I'll give the ribs currently on the smoker a rest and see if I like it better.  The last set might have benefited from it since the bark was a little firm.  I'll update later, with Qview.  
th_wsmsmile0ly.gif

A lot of times after a 3-2-1, the ribs are real tender and a 10 minute rest allows everything to firm up a bit and makes for a better cut.

I am learning that food doesn't have to be served HOT. You can wait till it doesn't burn your mouth to eat, seems I enjoy it more when I taste it.

I have not mastered it though, I never taste the first hot bowl of chicken and dumplins!

I am learning that food doesn't have to be served HOT. You can wait till it doesn't burn your mouth to eat, seems I enjoy it more when I taste it.

I have not mastered it though, I never taste the first hot bowl of chicken and dumplins!
Absolutely. especially red meats.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky