1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Do I smell smoke?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gunslinger, Apr 12, 2007.

1. We're rollin' through Clinton, MO right now, jammin' to Buck Cherry and I think I smell hickory smoke. I figured Ultramag must be up to something good.Thumb is tired now from typing this on my Treo.

2. Fixin' to go through Peculiar now. If I smell smoke this time, I'm just gonna fawler it to Peculiarmikes house and snatch me a couple of ribs and ABT's off that ugly old ECB.

3. If you end up near STL, stop by.

4. Well, no hickory, but I did smell hardwood charcoal.......................... SHOOT!!!!!!Guess I'll have to wait a few hours until I get to Shortone's neck of the woods. I can smell the cherry already.

5. The only way I'll end up there this time is if the car blows a tire and pulls REALLY hard to the right. Maybe next time though.

6. cajunsmoker

cajunsmoker Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Well if you lose your brakes and slide all the way down to Louisiana[​IMG] ,

I've got a pork butt cooking that you are welcome to share[​IMG] pecan and hickory smoke and were holding at 150* internal.

7. short one

short one Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Slinger, won't be cherry. Mrs. burnt it for heat the other day, as I didn't get her any chunks split for the stove. Sure smelt good in the area when I came home for dinner. Have a little apple left though.

8. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Legendary Pitmaster

Gee Sorry to hear that Steve
    [​IMG]

9. Going through Mound City now. Should be smellin' that sweet apple soon. Note to all. NEVER surf the net while driving US71 IN Kansas City.

10. pigcicles

pigcicles Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Sounds like Gunny has a jones going for smoked food... he's surfing the whole state lookin for it. Somebody catch him and give him his fix! You're too far north of me Gunny or I'd give ya plate to go.

Keep Smokin

11. peculiarmike

peculiarmike Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Shoulda took the Peculiar exit and continued south on hwy. C three miles, there was some smoke from the ol' ECB! Fattys, pig candy and loin.
    I WILL share.

[​IMG]

12. Dutch

Dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member OTBS Admin SMF Premier Member

Hey 'Slinger-What happened? The local Constabulary frown on you multi tasking from behind the wheel??[​IMG]

13. ultramag

ultramag SMF Events Planning Committee

When are you coming back? Two turkeys will be on Sunday and I can throw in whatever else we need, plenty of room.

14. No, thank goodness I didn't have to deal with that. There are only 3 light on the entire stretch and I ran every one of them.

We got back Saturday. I bet that turkey was fantstic.

Thanks Sir. I'll remember that next time.

I'm improvising today. Couldn't take it anymore. The butts are at 195 now and just about to get pulled.

Shoot the wife.

15. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Legendary Pitmaster

Alright Tom! There's always a way to smoke - some are just easier!
    [​IMG]