DIY BBQ Guru Adaptor on Off-set Smoker W/Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

benw40

Original poster
Mar 9, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I was having trouble controlling the temp on my Yoder Cheyenne using the BBQ Guru. I had been using it on my Webber with no troubles.  Using the small pit adaptor and the pit viper fan I could leave the Webber alone for 5-6 hours. Using the same adaptor and the pit bull fan on my Yoder I could not seem to get constant temp out of it, so I built this.

I figured the problem was the air was all going to the front of the fire box. So using some Home Depot copper pipes and a little work I came up with a fan adaptor that stokes ALL the fire.

It does require 2 small pit/Webber adaptors but otherwise its just pluming parts and engine sealant.

After a 3 hour test run with some sausage I will call it a success. The pit came up to temp quick and stayed there with almost no intervention or having to add fuel.

Just a shot of my set up.

If you want to build something similar to my adaptor and have Q's I will answer them.

Reactions: tom bosoworth
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky