Dinner for 2 - qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jdoe44

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 4, 2009
I had a bunch of stuff to do this weekend and didn't get a chance to fire up the smoker, but I did do a little grilling tonight.

I started out with a simple beer bread recipe. I threw in a little cheddar cheese for kicks.
01.jpg

Tossed that in the oven and got out the baby filets (4oz each) and rubbed them with EVOO and CBP

02.jpg

Asparagus got the same treatment - EVOO and CBP

03.jpg

Large shrimp wrapped in thick cut apple smoked bacon.

04.jpg

Warmed up the grill.

05.jpg

Threw some mushrooms in the CI skillet. Surprise surprise - EVOO and CBP. A little Worcestershire sauce, too.

06.jpg

Pulled the bread out of the oven. Good stuff!

07.jpg

Seared the filets 2-3 minutes per side for a nice medium rare then on the warming rack, put the shrimp and asparagus over medium heat. It went pretty quick and I didn't take any pics.

Plated with Ocean Spray Cranberry-Pomegranate juice just in time for the wife to come home from work!

08.jpg

I'm not the brightest crayon in the box, but I do know that all that fancy dinner would be for naught if I left a sink full of dishes
biggrin.gif

09.jpg

Looks like a good meal to me. Great Job

Just to put credit where it is due, I started by trying a recipe posted by Mnola917 (Awesome Beer Bread Recipe) and read other beer bread recipes and worked out what I didn't like and added what I did like. I know how delicate baking usually is, but in this case you really only need the flour, baking powder, and beer. I take notes on each loaf for the next one.

3 C AP flour
1 T baking powder
1 T sugar
1 T salt
12 oz Beer

Mix together all the dry ingredients, if you want to add shredded cheese add it to the dry ingredients at this point. It'll also take jalapenos or herbs pretty well.

Put a crater in the middle of the pile and slowly pour in your beer. It's going to foam up, but pouring slowly seems to help the final product even if it doesn't look like it at this point.

Mix together until there are no dry spots. Don't mess with it too much, but it should all be about the same consistency.

Dump the dough into a oiled and floured pan and let sit for 20-30 minutes. Put a little butter on top, I used about 1-1/2 tablespoons.

Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for one hour.

That was very nice of you to do all that. You'd get points in my book. Ah, in fact I'm giving you points anyhow! :D Everything looks delicious.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky