digital thermometer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I think they are made by Redi-check---can't go wrong with that price, a new probe for a redi-check which is the same probe will cost $15 anyway. Mine works fine!

Technically, they are food thermos, but if you simply put one through a tator or a drilled piece of oak---like CApt Dan does, and leave the tip exposed to the open smoker air(without touching meat or metal) you can use a food probe as a smoker probe.

Thanks for the tips !!!! I got two last night so I can monitor chamber temps. I like that the wires are covered in the steel mesh.
$ 14.99 down from $ 23 or 24 $
icon_smile.gif

Points for Fred , pm'd me with the temp range for the thermo. It's not writen on the outside of the package
icon_exclaim.gif

Just a suggestion: wrap the mesh in a short strip of aluminum foil. This adds an extra layer of protection to the very small wires, if you should shut the lid on them. It also keeps from getting buildup on the mesh; which is hard to clean.

Thanks Josh !! I'm so new and trying to learn all this at once , that I never would have thought of wraping the wires . Great tip !!! Thank you , much apreaciated
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

This is the one I have been using:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=8587360

Regular price is $15 at Walmart. Wireless range is good (works all over my house, all over my yard, etc).

I don't know what brand it is, but it sounds a lot like the one described in this thread (wireless, wire mesh on the probe, etc).

And I know I have seen it read temperatues well over 300*, and I think (but I can't positively remember on this one) I have had it over 400* also...

Regular price is $15, and they have had plenty in stock in the grill section (home and garden area) in Walmart every time I have been. No need to rush to get a sale price...

I'm about to retire it though since my Stoker came yesterday...

Same as other thread but reversed.I also have the 14.99 walmart unit bought mine at BJ's club for 12.99 had it for a while and it works slick.Heading to buy another right now....
icon_smile.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky