Digital thermometer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

swalker

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 16, 2006
NW Arkansas
Hi all, Me again, Just wondering how to mount some kind of shelf or something to the side of my new GOSM when it gets here, to set the digital thermometer on...Am afraid it might get too hot if it sets too close to the smoker....Hoping someone can give me a good idea on what they do.
Thanks, Steve

I usually set my digital on top of my GOSM. I do put a hot pad or folded towel under it. Does not get too hot that way.

thermospo4.jpg

Hope this helps!

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

Hi Steve, i usually put a pc of board down on top of my smoker , it has worked for me !!
Meowey i like you`r idea think i`ll try an old towel i have for the boat ...
icon_idea.gif
ok take care

and here I just let mine sit direct on top.....oh, then again I'm one of those mes guy's, so well insulated don't have to worry!!!!
icon_twisted.gif
(don't get me wrong, I'm eyeing a gosm but everytime i make it to wally world they have the damn area locked off.......)

There is a great deal on ebay for one right now. Link in my other post. I just bought one from him...A better one than walmart sells too...
Hope this helps.
Steve

I saw that, looked but I stay far away from flea bay......too many unscrupulous folks there and shipping from there to here would make it as expensive if not more so......
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Thanks Meowey, I was afraid it might get too hot like that...Will give that a try today...Got a pork loin on right now and mixing up another one of your meatloafs for later...thanks again for the tip....Man I can not believe the snow you got...what a bummer...

I went to home depot and lowes...neither had one...their price for one was 189.00 and 60 bucks shipping...this one on ebay is 69.99 for shipping...and I bought mine for 70.99 off the auction...course I always look at their feedback rating..

Steve

:-) and supposidly, if I can get in the area, wally world has one for 84 bucks, but we never make it there until past midnight and they lock up the garden area.......but then again, I can wait.......little lady did give me the green light to buy another smoker, just not sure if I'll go gas, lectric or .... ummmmm........ wood
icon_smile.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky