didnt know where to put this

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chrish

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 2, 2007
IOWA
as theres no general topic about smoking meats.
in th elast year i was away i did learn that salt is not an enemy. salt with spices added to any meat will draw out moister but then the meat while rapped in plastec will reabsorbe that moister along with the flavor of the seasonings, top notch restaurants do this mainly on birds but it works well with any meats.

maby this has been coverd before and you guys already know this but ive got more to share. bear with me, get it? hair caveman,
biggrin.gif

well there is a General area and quite a few seperate meat forums - but I suspect this post probably belongs in the recipes section somewhere.

As we pretty much all season, wrap and leave overnight before smoking I would think this was probably common knowlege :-)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky