did chicken today- first time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chris_harper

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 21, 2006
Waco, TX
i smoked some boneless skinless chicken breasts today for supper. i smoked them for 2.5 hours at 225°. i smoked a jimmy dean sage fatty also, 1lb chub.
i didn't use a rub. i put it all on the rack, and applied a mop i made up to the chicken. i put nothing on the fatty. for the mop, i mixed in a bowl: 5 or 6 splashes worcestershire sauce; 3 dashes of cayenne pepper; 4 dashes of ground black pepper; 6 of garlic powder; 1 dash of cinnamon; and enough "juice" from the brisket i smoked sunday to make it liquid enough to use as a mop.
the chicken was delicious. it had a nice crust on it, and was tender meat. it wasn't too spicy, but had a slight kick.
the fatty- man it was good. i will do a fatty everytime i smoke something from now on. i don't which is better- a fatty or ABTs.
i did this all on old smokey, using pecan wood for my smoke. i took some pics, but when i put the on the computer they were blurry really bad, sorry.
my BIL was over for supper, and he ate almost half the fatty before he even touched his 2 pieces of chicken.

i plan on making them. i just heated up a can of ranch style beans instead. i am about to go to the grocery store and get some stuff, and will get the items i need to make dutch's beans too.

Chris, if you can't decide, make Armadillo Eggs and have both.
wink.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky