Diameter, row spacing, number of holes on a convection plate for Oklahoma Joe's Highland smoker to g

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

spenceuiuc

Original poster
Sep 23, 2016
I just got an Oklahoma Joe's Highland smoker. I've had good luck so far, but experiencing big temperature differences from side to side, like many others. I've added the baffle +45 degree bend that directs the heat down, and am going to make a convection plate like the one at BBQSmokerMods

I've seen a lot of threads on folks using the convection plates, but no specifics on what people have done to get even temperature distribution. So what diameter holes, number of holes, and spacing of rows has given folks the most consistent temperature across your Highland smoker?

Thanks!

Check out a Horizon site and get a look at a similar sized plate to the one you need. Your answer will not be an exact result, but you can get a good idea by comparison.

Yeah I was guessing from the photos that the BBQSmokerMods one is about 1/4" to ~1", with rows 3-4" apart. I was hoping for more specific #s from someone who has one/has made one with good results.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky