Desperate times call for desperate measures

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lspilot82

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Nov 30, 2009
Lakeland Florida
Thats right, yes thats a picture of two beautiful butts along side an A-Maze-N-Smoker in my oven. My pressure regulator went out on my propane smoker, and I dont have time to go get a new one. Its a good thing the wife is at work. I wouldn't be able to get away with this had she been here. Lol. I have the overhead oven fan on, and a box fan sucking or blowing, whichever you prefer to call it, right out the door. Hey, a man gots to do what a man gots to do.

I just pray the smoke smell is gone by the time the wifey gets home, or I might be in the dog house.

Reactions: one eyed jack
It was nice to have made your acquaintance.  It's heroes like you that we will all miss when you're gone.  That comes later today I'm sure!!

police2.gif

Reactions: lspilot82
I used a cast iron casserole in the smoker, that worked fine. But the next time I used it in the oven and it came up to temperature, it bloomed smoke aroma and it smelled exactly like there was a fire  in the house.

Dang it man you are one brave soul!!      

Great job,,, 
yahoo.gif

I usually say a full smoker is a happy smoker but in this case oven just does not sound right 

Good luck let us know how it comes out 

DS

The wife got home and questioned why did it smell so smokey. Lol. I just shrugged my shoulders. [emoji]128521[/emoji]

The wife got home and questioned why did it smell so smokey. Lol. I just shrugged my shoulders. [emoji]128521[/emoji]
You're either a great liar, when it comes to the wife, or your makeshift smoke extraction worked really well!  

So, how are the butts, now that we know yours is safe...

60 days from now, when she makes the same comment, I'm not sure the shrugged shoulders will work again. 
icon_eek.gif

Trust me, you're not out of the woods, Pilot! One of these days, when you least expect it, for no forseeable reason, it will come back and bite you on the butt. She wasn't fooled, she just loaded another round in the mag for the future...
So how did the pork come out finally?
[emoji]9786[/emoji]

Turning the oven into a smoker. We've all thought about it but never mustered the courage. Love the commitment!

Looking at this scientifically.   Did you notice any significant differences in smoke deposits or aroma between the bedspread, pillow, sheets, and mattress?   I expect it may take a while to get an answer. 
th_crybaby2.gif

We all raise a glass to you! Brave man. Well done.
You should have bought a lot of flowers and had them all around the house when she came home..

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky