• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Delayed smoking

novadoc

Fire Starter
Joined Mar 4, 2012
How long can stuffed sticks and summer sausage stay in the fridge before you get to smoking them?

If weather turned nasty could you leave them for 2 or 3 days? Just curious

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
leave them for 2 or 3 days?
Yes . Like already said above . I'm only commenting to say I know the temp of the fridge I use for this stuff . I have an alarmed therm in there and keep the temp at 36 degrees .

indaswamp

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 27, 2017
If you used cure #1, they will be fine under refrigeration for 2-3 days.

Do remember to smoke to INT of at least 146*F and hold that temp. for 30 minutes...

johnnyb54

Meat Mopper
Joined Mar 16, 2015
Like the above said as long as temp in the fridge is good you’ll be fine. the only thing if you use ECA (encapsulated citric acid) you really need to smoke them as close to stuffing them as you can. Keeping your sausage in the fridge with ECA will cause the ECA encapsulation to break down and release the citric acid possibly cause meat texture issues as well as causing a grey looking and mealy sausage.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.