Delayed post due to Dec. Throwdown!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shooterrick

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 13, 2008
South Louisiana
If you don't like a strong cheddar flavour substitute a milder cheese. Hope you enjoy!

ShooterRicks Cheddar Jack Beer Bacon Soup

In Acorn Squash Bowls With Parmesan Crisps and French Bread

Soup Ingredients:
2 cans cream of Celery Soup
1 cup beer
8 ounces Cheddar cheese
8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
¼ tsp Hungarian or Spanish paprika

Other Ingredients:
8 slices diced Smoked Canadian Bacon
4 cloves garlic
2 shallots halved or substitute green onions
2 whole large acorn squash
Dehydrated Parmesan grated (fresh Parmesan will not work in this application)
8 diagonal slices French bread
Salt and Pepper to taste

In a Dutch oven combine soup ingredients. Place in 250 degree smoker and stir occasionally for 3 hours. Remove lid of Dutch oven last 30-60 minutes depending on desired smoke flavor.

Once the soup is on the smoker prepare squash by 1st cutting flat surface at top and bottom of the squash and then cutting squash in half. Scoop out seeds and enough pulp to create 2 bowls out of each squash. Salt and pepper to taste and place piece of shallot, smashed garlic clove, and 2 slices dice Canadian bacon, into each bowl. Place bowls on cookie sheet and then into smoker till squash is fork tender.

When all is on smoker prepare parmesan crisps: In a dry non stick type skillet spread grated parmesan in about a 2-3 inch wafer thick wheel and toast until golden brown on high heat. Turn over and toast other side. Set 4 wafers aside.

Butter and toast bread slices seasoned with garlic and parmesan cheese to your liking. Stir the filling of all squash bowls into soup. Fill the Acorn squash bowls with the soup and garnish with Parmesan wafer, slice bread, paprika or whatever trips your trigger.

Note: the squash seeds can be toasted for a garnish or treat. Add broccoli or whatever variation you dream up. This can all be done indoors if you wish but will not have the smoke flavor except from the bacon. If only soup is prepared add shallots, garlic, and Canadian bacon to soup ingredients. Enjoy!

I have GOT to try this one! I love the beer cheese soup from Schlotski's but they don't make it anymore with beer and that changed it. Yours looks great.

good job and congrats on the throwdown
points.gif

Thanks for the recipe for the winning soup. It looks great and I will try it one day soon specially if this weather doesn't break. It's a Global Warming thing I think. But
points.gif
really do have to be awarded for the winning soup.

ShooterRick,

Congratulations on the win here in SMF
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
. that was a great looking dish and a wonderfull presentation
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

and now the recipe how cool and how well done.
points.gif

looking forward to more wonderfull recipes from yer kitchen
icon_mrgreen.gif

we need an applauding smiley. just pretend one is next to this clapping very hard.lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky