Dehydrated Morels

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

uncle eddie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
May 14, 2016
Central Missouri
We found too many morels to eat (woohoo!) so I thought I would try dehydrating them (pics below).

We had about 2/3 of a pound left over and they dehydrated down to 6 ounces. They smelled amazing when dried and felt as light as paper.

I popped one into a glass of water for 30 minutes or so and it re-hydrated right back up to normal size again. It did feel a bit more "delicate" than when fresh, and a bit more on the mushy side of firm...but smelled about the same as fresh.

These are going in soups, tomato sauce and whatever moving forward.

So glad we tried our luck with the dehydrator...Will do the same with all extra morels moving forward.

Attachments

• IMG_4027 .jpg
    IMG_4027 .jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_4028.jpg
    IMG_4028.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_4031.jpg
    IMG_4031.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 28
Nice. I need to get out and try to find some. I had a buddy give me some once.

I live on the wrong side of Minnesota to easily harvest Morels or chaga.
When I lived in Seattle, I connected with a family that regularly went dungeness crabbing.
The ultimate breakfast was crab and morel mushroom omelettes.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky