• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Deer Ham - with pics

jbg4208

StickBurners
Joined Mar 29, 2007
Well, I had one of my co-workers ask me to smoke a bone in deer ham. He provided it.
so I said sure, i'll give it a try. I first checked all of these threads for a good brine and how to do it. Then, I said sure I'll do it.
This thing he brought me was about 9 Lb's and frozen solid. After I finally got it thawed out it went smooth from there. Lots of Tony Chachery's cajun seasoning and hickory smoked salt. Smoked it for 9 hrs. Here are some pics.
Started out at 630am - Beautiful morning

Attachment 2508
Here it is before going into the smoke.
Attachment 2509
And the after picture
Attachment 2510

After I cut it off the bone it filled up a 1 1/2 gal of ziploc bags. Took it to work in a crockpot and there was barely any left before lunch. So I am chalking that up to a successful smoke.
can't wait to see what gets smoked next week. This is so addictive!!

Smoke 'em if you got 'em
Boone.
6919e260_vbattach12483.jpg

9884c672_vbattach12482.jpg

e6f540e6_vbattach12481.jpg

ultramag

SMF Events Planning Committee
Joined Apr 17, 2006
Good looking venison Boone. Sounds like a success to me too.

linescum

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2006
man that looks great i have a boned one in the freezer just crying to be smoked

camocook

Meat Mopper
Joined Apr 21, 2007
Thanks for the pics Boone. Been asking about smokin venison and these are the first pics. Now I got an idea. Maybe in a couple of weeks. Got it in a vacuum bag so it'll be there when I'm ready.

jbg4208

StickBurners
Joined Mar 29, 2007
Not a problem Camocook. Thanks to everyone for the replies. Going to ST. Louis this weekend so no smoking for me.
But that's ok.

Go CARDS!!

Boone

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.