Deep South smoker seasoning

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bryant Reynolds

Original poster
Sep 9, 2018
Hello I am new to the forum and have a question for all of you.
I have just won my first grand championship in a competition and the prize was a Deep South smoker. Which is awesome!!! But the question is on seasoning it , I assume it would be like my other smokers . Just want to be sure. Any help is appreciated

Wow. Nice smoker. Yes, the usual spray down or rub down of PAM or Lard followed by heating will do it. I would double or triple season them racks...JJ

Reactions: Bryant Reynolds
Thank you chef jimmy j, sounds like a good plan on the racks also. Can’t wait to get the smoke rolling on this one. Any tips on a good controller for it.

I don't know much about controlers. I will defer to the more experienced members...JJ

The GC 28. Just got done seasoning it . That thing is awesome! Of course, I am used to cooking on cheap smokers .

Congratulations on winning the Grand Championship. Wow that must have an exciting experience. Can't wait to see that smoker in action.

Chris

62AF3B51-47B2-4F5E-8382-19F99B863C13.jpeg
C685F13D-4772-4F38-B882-C4D259122269.jpeg

Reactions: gmc2003
Sweet Smoker and congrats on the win...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky