Dave from Mississippi Gulf Coast

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by papadave, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Hi, I have been smoking with a New Braunfels Bandera for several years. Mostly turkey and fish. Haven't been real serious about it till now.
    Never smoked butts until I tried two after reading this forum. Wow I'm hooked now! They were great. Received lots of compliments on them. This forum is what I have been needing for smoking info. Can't wait to try some Fatties and ABT's.
    I have a Primo Oval Jr. ordered. Seems like it is taking forever waiting for it. I will keep posting and include pics when I cook. Thanks to all of you for all the help and information.

2. smokebuzz

smokebuzz Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome,glad you jpined. keep readen and post some of your experiences, so we can learn and help.

3. gypsyseagod

gypsyseagod Master of the Pit OTBS Member

welcome to smf. that bandera is a good smoker. did we mention we love the Qview ????? looking forward to your posts.

4. pigcicles

pigcicles Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Hi Dave! Welcome to SMF. You're gonna love this place. Ask any questions you have and be sure to bring us some pics when you smoke

5. mossymo

mossymo Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

papadave
    Welcome to SMF !!!

Be sure and post pic's of your smoker in action !!!

6. coleysmokinbbq

coleysmokinbbq Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Hi Dave!...Welcome to the SMF!...[​IMG]...Glad to have you Aboard!...You're gonna love it here!...

Be sure to make plenty of those ABT 's...They'll disappear right before your eyes!...[​IMG]

Until later...

7. hawgheaven

hawgheaven Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome aboard Dave, glad you found us! [​IMG]

8. cowgirl

cowgirl Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Welcome!
    Looking forward to your Qview!

9. shallman

shallman Newbie

Hi Folks-
    This is a fine site. I'm looking forward to participating.
    Not much to say about myself:
    I live in North Carolina; been cooking outside forever (I've got some age);
    but have been smoking about 5 years.

Someone may be interested in the hybrid rig I'm using. Couldn't have
    been simpler to put together-just stuck the ring burner in the box.
    Took about two minutes. The burner's a little bit of overkill but its
    what I had. There are many pretty inexpensive ones out there.
    Hope the pix aren't too slow downloading.

Take care,
    SHallman
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. pigcicles

pigcicles Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Nice quick mod shallman. Welcome to SMF.

11. welcome to SMF Dave :) You will love this place, everything you need to know :)

12. big-fokker

big-fokker Meat Mopper

Welcome to the forum PapaDave[​IMG] Dig your heels in and soak up some of this good info that our fellow SMF'ers have to give.

B-F

13. blackhawk19

blackhawk19 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to the SMF, I see in your profile you like RC. I built for many years for my son( he was the pilot[​IMG]) and other people around the area. The biggest I built was a Extra 300L with 103" wingspan, 100cc engine with a 28" prop.
    I know you will enjoy this forum

14. johnd49455

johnd49455 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Welcome to the SMF family[​IMG]

15. meowey

meowey Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to SMF! Glad you joined us!

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

16. chadpole

chadpole Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Welcome to the SMF,Papadave . You will enjoy what is going on here. Happy smoking!

17. chadpole

chadpole Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Welcome to the SMF,Shallman. I like that set up. I use a turkey frier burner in some of my setups. I just have to get around to posting pictures of some of my rigs. Did you ever go to Roll Call and introduce yourself to everyone. If so I missed it. Happy smoking!

18. bigarm's smokin

bigarm's smokin Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Hello sir, welcome, and nice set up. [​IMG] Did you get the burner out of a used 747, [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] haha, just kidding, I imagine your burner doesn't put out near the BTU's as a turkey fryer does it? We just gotta have toys to play with. [​IMG] Terry

19. homebrew & bbq

homebrew & bbq Smoking Fanatic

Welcome to SMF, Shallman! It sounds like you've already been busy finding out what a great place this forum is. Looking forward to seeing your Q-view and hearing about your experiences. Glad to have you with us.

20. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Hi Dave, and thanks for joining the SMF. Looking forward to your Q experiences and views too!