Daughters B-Day Bash! What it's all about.

Discussion in 'Pork' started by pignit, Oct 12, 2009.

1. pignit

pignit Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

My lovely daughter turned 20 Saturday and she requested a rib and ABT dinner for her birthday. She had stuff goin on Saturday with her friends so I put the spread on Sunday for her. Thought I'd throw it at ya.

I put together two butts... one slathered up with molassas and the other with Yoshidas. Then I put the Red Rub to em all. Did the same with the ribs but both with Yoshidas.

[​IMG]

Did something a little different this time. I got some strawberry marguarita mix to spritz with when ever I opened the smoker. I don't open just to spritz but if I do open the door... I have spritz handy.

I'm about half way through here.

[​IMG]

Ah..... and the final reward. The pulled pork got done extremely fast. I figured it was due to them being right next to the fire. Probably smoked faster than usual for me. Actually the smaller one was done in 8 hours but the larger one had to come in the house and finish in the over for a few more hours. Jalapenos were excellent. Soaked them in milk for a couple hours and everyone enjoyed them. Spicy but not hot enough to ruin your dinner.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was the whole spread..... Corn on the cob... ABTz.... fried tators.... ribs.... homemade mozzarella salad... buttered pumpernickel toast and steamed califlower.

[​IMG]

Here is my plate....

[​IMG]

Red made a big bowl of her homemade from scratch Tiramisu at my daughters request. Man this stuff is off the dang chart.

[​IMG]

These pics are what it's all about. Check it out..... takin pics from both sides!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I almost lost this kid 2 years ago. She is a blessing. I enjoy every second of her taking nothing for granted.

Thanks for sharing.

2. Nice spread ya have there great job food looks great

3. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Great job - nice presentation. It is nice that you have such a great relationship with your daughter as well.

4. chisoxjim

chisoxjim Master of the Pit OTBS Member

great looking food, and thanks for sharing the pics of your family. [​IMG]

You are right, family is what its all about, luckily bbq and family go hand in hand.

5. the dude abides

the dude abides Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Happy Birthday to your daughter. Glad that at 20 years old she still likes hanging out with her pops. If she ever decides that she doesn't have time for you, you can always adopt me and we'll pretend that everyday is my birthday so you can make us a feast like that everyday!

Looks great man.

[​IMG]for quality family time!

6. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Looks great Dave glad ya'll had a good time

7. Looks like everyone got a present...that looks like one delicious meal.

8. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Those are the best times. Great food and great time with family and friends. [​IMG]

9. jaxgatorz

jaxgatorz Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

That's what it's all about right there.Great looking food and family !![​IMG]

10. rivet

rivet Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Very nice spread and beautiful family dinner! Congratulations on the fine smokoe and even better time together!

[​IMG]

11. ron50

ron50 Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

NY
    Like you said that's what it's all about. I had a similar situation with my daughter, just makes you love them all the more.

Good food, family and friends. Doesn't get any better then that!

12. Looks like a good time and as always the meat is looking awesome.

Glad to see happy families!

Your daughter is very good looking also!

13. dutch

dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Great looking spread, Dave. Ain't it great when kids are willing to spend time with us 'old' folks or rather let US spend time with them!!.

14. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Great Spread Dave...

Your daughter sure doesn't take after her dad...[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

15. chefrob

chefrob Master of the Pit OTBS Member

az
    looks like a great time...........and i love terimisu, just kan't spell it!

16. chainsaw

chainsaw Smoking Fanatic

[​IMG]

Great looking chow and good pictures as well! I am forwarding links to friends I know are starving at work and it's a long time till dinner!

[​IMG] ha ha

17. alx

alx Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Very nice indeed.Those were happy faces-if i have ever seen any.Food looks spectacular[​IMG]

18. oldschoolbbq

oldschoolbbq Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Darn good looking food!I know you had a ball doing it for her;and speaking of "Her"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

And that hug was worth more??????? Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. bassman

bassman Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Excellent looking spread and Happy Birthday to your daughter.[​IMG]

20. ronp

ronp Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

What a cutie, no, not you Dave. [​IMG]Tell her I'd cook for her any old day.

Nice looking day for you, the food looks great. [​IMG]If I have them.