Dad's Xmas Gift

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tndawg123

Original poster
Sep 29, 2009
I want to thank everyone for all their help. I made the first UDS for myself (mistakes included) and then I built my father one for Xmas. He needed all the help he could get so I included a BBQ Guru DigiQII on his Drum. Also included was a plate made by a friend of mine that does custom motorcycles. The result is attached. The grandkids all call him BOBO so he got a BoBoQ.

For anyone that is curious the paint is black semi-gloss 500 degree engine enamel. The BBQ Guru with the 10cfm fan works fantastic. I light it, ramp the temp up slowly until stable, put the food on and go to bed. In the morning its still pegged at 225 and cruising.
49ac119a_vbattach23883.jpg

5b961d8d_vbattach23884.jpg

Now thats a cool looking drum smoker you gave your Dad. Your such a good son. Now lets Q.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky