Da Birds Be Smokin!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

travcoman45

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 19, 2008
A Holler in North Iowa
Slept in a little today, first time in along time! Got the smoker heating up, the birds are rinsed and rubbed, Now they are settin in the box cookin! Workin on a new brine, so we will see how that goes. Also used a new rub for Momma, Malibu rum rub. Hope this all works out! Pictures to follow!

good luck on the birds today Tip,will look foward to the pic's later

That new rub sounds really, really tasty, Tip, props to Momma for her taste!
biggrin.gif

Looking forward to your pics!

Here's the q-view of todays birds!

This is about 1/2 way through the smoke. This looks like alot of smoke, however, I had just added more wood and was lettin it get to smokin before addin the foil over my chip pan. Shortly after this we were back down to TBS.

Here they are at the end of a 7 1/2 hour cook!

The birds cut and ready for dinner!

The new brine worked very well. The Malibu Rum rub was tastey too! Temps today were in the upper 40's and sunny with a light breeze, wonderfull day for smokin!

Served these birds with homemade mashed potatoes and coleslaw. Not much bird left, enough for a snack.

Birds look great, got to do a couple next weekend for lunches. I love having the smoked chicken (and Turkey) sandwiches during the week. Nice job
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Looks awsome! Let me also thank you for the Qview. It always gets me primed up for another smoke
icon_exclaim.gif

Great looking birds Tip-just maybe I will have to try 1 on the smoker?

Looks great sounds like a great new rub
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky