Da Birds Be Smokin!

Discussion in 'Poultry' started by travcoman45, Apr 27, 2008.

1. travcoman45

travcoman45 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Slept in a little today, first time in along time! Got the smoker heating up, the birds are rinsed and rubbed, Now they are settin in the box cookin! Workin on a new brine, so we will see how that goes. Also used a new rub for Momma, Malibu rum rub. Hope this all works out! Pictures to follow!

2. desertlites

desertlites Master of the Pit OTBS Member

good luck on the birds today Tip,will look foward to the pic's later

3. sumosmoke

sumosmoke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

That new rub sounds really, really tasty, Tip, props to Momma for her taste! [​IMG]

Looking forward to your pics!

4. travcoman45

travcoman45 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Here's the q-view of todays birds!

This is about 1/2 way through the smoke. This looks like alot of smoke, however, I had just added more wood and was lettin it get to smokin before addin the foil over my chip pan. Shortly after this we were back down to TBS.

Here they are at the end of a 7 1/2 hour cook!

The birds cut and ready for dinner!

The new brine worked very well. The Malibu Rum rub was tastey too! Temps today were in the upper 40's and sunny with a light breeze, wonderfull day for smokin!

Served these birds with homemade mashed potatoes and coleslaw. Not much bird left, enough for a snack.

5. fireguy

fireguy Smoking Fanatic

wow, you really are a master of the pit!!! good job!!!

6. sumosmoke

sumosmoke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Tip - the birds turned out beautifully! Nice color and great pics of the finished product. Thanks for the pics! [​IMG]

7. davenh

davenh Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Birds look great, got to do a couple next weekend for lunches. I love having the smoked chicken (and Turkey) sandwiches during the week. Nice job [​IMG].

8. bassman

bassman Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Looks awsome! Let me also thank you for the Qview. It always gets me primed up for another smoke [​IMG] .

9. desertlites

desertlites Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Great looking birds Tip-just maybe I will have to try 1 on the smoker?

10. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Looks great sounds like a great new rub [​IMG]

11. gobbledot

gobbledot Meat Mopper

Trav nice birds, making my mouth water uuuummm uuuummm good... thanks for the nice qview...

12. kookie

kookie Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Great looking birds...................nice color on them..............