cut up turkey for the first time update!

Discussion in 'Poultry' started by smokemom, Jul 24, 2006.

1. smokemom

smokemom Smoke Blower OTBS Member

It turned out great!!! thanks for all the input! everyone loved it! I cannot wait to try ribs!

2. tim

tim Newbie

How many pounds was it and how long did it take? I'm thinking of doing one Saturday....

3. smokemom

smokemom Smoke Blower OTBS Member

It was about 6 pounds... i smoked it for about 5 hours and then double wrapped it in foil and put it in a 225 oven for about 3-4 hours. then i wrapped it in a towel and blanket and put it in the cooler until we had dinner about 3 hours later....it was awesome.... i have a little home made smoker so my times and technique is probobly different from the more experienced smokers on this forum with much better smokers... they will be able to give you better advice i am sure! I am very new to this and having a wonderful time!! good luck this weekend!!!!

4. joed617

joed617 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Congratulations Kathy, Seems like WE created a MONSTER.. kidding.. I'm am happy that it is working out for you, great hobby and you get to eat it also. This place is fantastic, lots of support and recipes and the folks are willing to share. Now, if ya just get the picture thing figured out..

Joe