Curing Cabinet build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
What about air flow? Do you have any issues with "stale" air? The only time my fan kicks in is when the compressor comes on, which I assume is not going to be very often since the temp stays so consistent...

Well finally got something in the cabinet. Nothing what I thought I would put in it my first time but since I was familiar with making sausage anyway. Sausage in the back is Hungarian and the ones up front are Italian. Right now they are fermenting at 73 degrees for about 24-30 hrs. After that they will cure for about 3 weeks. Also curing a panchetta to put in the cabinet in 10-14 days

So I changed the cabinet over to curing at 54 degrees and 75%. One mistake I made was to make a couple continuous long links and as they where hanging the split because they where so heavy. So next time i will do one each and tie on each end. Also i dut the date/weight and expected weight on a sticky label and pit it on the plastic hook I use. What is good label to use one each one?

4 days in and it’s starting to developed a good white molds and has lost 18%. It is just a little Sticky/tacky but seems to be gettin less and less. I started at 54 degrees and 76%. I dropped to 51 degrees and 72% last night to slow it down a little.

Did another weighing. I think they are drying to quick. I raised humidity from 74 to 76 and the tem is at 51. Question is what slows drying Lower or higher temps?

Well looks like my very first cure is complete and successful!! The panchetta is 2 weeks in and still needs about 10-12 more weeks. The sausages are done!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky