cured,smoked...HAM

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tony111

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 7, 2007
W.C. OHIO
Just finished my firt pork ham. It was 18lbs. with the bone in but I deboned it so I could run it through my slicer when it was done. It was injected and soaked in brine with a sweeter than sweet cure from LEM. Soaked for 6 days , washed of and soaked in clean water for about an hour. Just over 18 hours in the smoker and man did it turn out nice.
This was my first pork ham , have done some venison hams as a learning curve and messed up a couple. The Mrs. would have skinned me alive if I screwed this one up!!!!

p.s. I know the tie job is not the best with the butchers twine....something I need to work on

Tony, ham looks great, can almost taste it. By the way, the tie job doesn't affect the outcome and taste. Keep up the good work and enjoy.

In the first pic, I can see the closed eyes, the mikey jackson nose and lips. It looked like a smoked head. No really, I don't know why I allways look at things different. It really does look good. Done a real good job. Man I got a lot on my list of things to try.

Good looking ham!

I make hams all the time. I use butts, tenderloins, Shoulders, and pork chops for breakfast hams.

One of these days I might actuall use a fresh ham
icon_mrgreen.gif

I do all my cures from scratch.

Butt

Tender loins

Shoulder

The slicer is an old Hobart model 411 slicer
Hey glued2it that is some nice looking ham...what do you use for your cure? I have done a few venison hams with tenderquick and brown sugar. Would love to hear what you use.

I have never smoked a ham. I was burned out on baked ones so bad that when I buy a pig-usually have them made into ground sausage which I LOVE! However-after seeing this-I may have to try one!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky