Cured, Smoked Chops

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

irishteabear

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 22, 2008
Downingtown, PA
As I was getting the loin in the cure today I sliced some for chops for dinner tonight. I wanted to see if I could duplicate the smoked pork chops you buy at the store for an arm and a leg. I used the correct amount of TQ, rubbed it in and put them in a zipper bag. In the fridge it goes for a couple of hours.

Rinsed them off, blotted them dry and let them sit while the smoker heated up. Smoked them for 3 hrs at about 230-250 using oak. I'm using the brinkmann as a wood burner today in case I get a New Braunfels Bandera. It was interesting to see what happens when. I definitely need more practice and luckily it will be sunny and dry all week.
icon_mrgreen.gif

They were gone in a flash.
icon_mrgreen.gif
It is close to what I'm looking for but not quite. I will definitely be doing these again.

Looks good nice job
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Mmmm--mmmm--mmmm! Those remind me of the cold smoked & seared chops I've done...smoking the cured chops sounds really great! I gotta get some more TQ!!!

Nice smoke, Dawn!

Eric

Glad to hear the brood approved! No left overs is a good thing
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Great looking chops, Dawn! I'll have to try that one.

Those look great dawn. What did they taste like ham or what? But good job

They might have a slight taste of ham to them, it's really hard to describe. I believe that Smithfield is the company that sells the smoked pork chops that I love.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky