Cured/ brined turkey on the Smokin' It#3

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have one in the brine bucket . Will smoke it tomorrow . I used the Herbed Brined turkey recipe from "Charcuterie" . I just bought the book after learning about it on this site .

To me it looks great. 

Never brined a turkey but Canadian thanksgiving this weekend I plan to. Question though.

My parents are in there 90's, they are going to look and see the pink and say this turkey isn't done. I take it the pink hue is just natural from you adding the cure?

Cure isn't needed in this is it? And if its not added will the turkey still be the white as per the norm?

Probably complain about it being juicy also, as I don't ever remember eating a turkey that didn't have to be  covered in gravy to have resemblance of moisture....lol

Roughly 12lb'r I will brine in a herb brine, going to smoke it with savoury herb pellets from bbqr's delight. If I put it in at noon at 250 it should be done by 5 or 6?

Once again well done Dert, you've given me the motivation to try it.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky