cured BB ribs with Qview

Discussion in 'Pork' started by erain, Aug 23, 2009.

1. erain

erain Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

been a while since i last posted but being i started some canadian bacon, and i had this last 3 pak of ribs from a case i had boughten a little while back. i thought i would try curing them with tenderquick. i pulled the membrane off. the total package weight was 3.83 lbs so at 1 Tablesoon per pound i used a lil more than 1 and 1/3 tablespoons per rack. on the bone side i spread out a teaspoon and rubbed it in and the remainder went on the meat side. after 12 hours i rinsed off and took a piece off the end and microwaved it til it was cooked just so i could taste it to ck salt level. was good so i took the basic rub i usually use and made some up with out salt, figured the salt in the tenderquick be good enough and with a little mustard slather applied the rub and let set overnight.
    here we are ready to go to smoker.

after 2 hours ready for foil.

and here we are after 1.5 hours in foil. i added some apple juice while in foil.

about 1 hour later...

brushed on a couple layers of sweet baby rays chipolte.

here we are with garden food, cucumbers and cream over fresh boiled taters and butter, a lil smoked cabbage, and the ribs.

close up of the ribs showing cure penetration. they were really hammy tasting!!! was a good mix with the sauce.

thks for checking m pix!!!

2. blackened

blackened Meat Mopper

Interesting.. Looks great!

3. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Damn those look good...[​IMG]

4. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Darn those look like some really good ribs there erain.[​IMG]for sure on the cure thats a great idea. I will try it for sure.

5. morkdach

morkdach Master of the Pit OTBS Member

[​IMG]to ya on them ribs [​IMG]

6. waysideranch

waysideranch Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Very nice smoke E. Real nice.

7. shooterrick

shooterrick Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I thought about somethng like this but never had the berries to do it. LOL Good Job!
    Would you do them this way again?

8. erain

erain Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

long ago there was a thread about the first real bbq you tasted. my late uncle did some ribs simalar to this at a family reunion. he owned a large restaurant so he had connections etc. but that was 35 years ago and people still rave about them ribs. i was just trying to duplicate them. not quite but getting closer. i have done in past and still do it now and then so your answer obviously is yes. thks man

by the way i am trying your canadian bacon recipie out on a third of a loin... another third is getting tips slaughterhouse brine, and the last third is well lets just say, we will see...

9. ronp

ronp Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Man those look GREAT!!!! Since I have done them that way I KNOW you are eating good.[​IMG]

10. Those look like darn good eats!