CT Smoker- Hey there all!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

robcava

Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 20, 2015
CT
Hi guys and gals. I am a long time lurker on this site...I can't even say how many great tips and tricks I have discovered in this forum over the years. I decided to join because I am thinking of taking this hobby to the next level, but that will be the topic of another thread. About me- raised in Waterbury CT in an Italian family that loved to cook! Dont they all.

I paid my way through college cooking at various restaurants up by ECSU, mostly steakhouses/fine food, so I have some professional experience. I moved down to NC when I was 25. I remember my very first real NC pulled pork sandwich at a little roadside stand. Since then I have been hooked.

I moved back to CT several years ago and I have been an avid backyard smoker for the last 20 years. I do all of the standards and also mess around with new recipes all the time. I would say I am a fairly advanced BBQer- although not at the level of your competition guys out there I am sure. I have a bunch of grills/smokers. But I split my time mostly between an XL Big Green Egg (I resisted these things for years, but now I love them) and a heavily modded cheap offset smoker. I may be building a cabinet style with one of my neighbors for a fun project.

Anyways, I wanted to introduce myself since I plan on becoming really active on this board. 

Welcome to the forum Rob! You'll find a lot of great people here who are always happy to help. Post smoe pics of your next smoke so we can enjoy it along with you! Happy smokin', David.

texas.gif
  Good afternoon and welcome to the forum, from another warm and partly cloudy day here in East Texas. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky