Crown Roast of Pork...qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kingt36

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jun 21, 2012
Metro Atlanta
A few months ago I started thinking about what I wanted to do for Christmas dinner. I didn't want a ham and we were having turkey for Thanksgiving. I wanted something different. I came up with either a standing rib roast or a crown roast of pork.i called my butcher up and the cost settled it for me. Not long after, I saw Jeff's instructions and figured it must be a sign.

I picked up an 8 lb crown from my butcher on Tuesday and on Wednesday evening I sat it in the apple honey brine Jeff recommended. The only difference was that I used Stubb's bbq rub. After my daughters opened up their gifts this morning I got the wrangler going with some pecan wood, rubbed the crown down with more of the stubb'Stubb's and let it smoke for 4.5 hours to an internal 150 degrees. It was perfect!

Looks Real Nice, KingT !!!
drool.gif

Jeff sends us a lot of Awesome Step by Steps!!
icon14.gif

You did a Great Job on that one!!
drool.gif

Bear

King, you've raised smoking a crown roast of pork to an art form. Looks incredibly delicious! And I'm a big fan of Stubbs products.

Thanks everyone! It was great. Stubb's definitely makes good products. We are big fans of his sauces too, particularly the Sticky Sweet...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky