Craigslist Slicer

Discussion in 'Slicers, Grinders, Tools, Equipment' started by bassman, Mar 28, 2011.

1. bassman

bassman Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I don't usually do well on Craigslist, but was going through the ads for Denver and ran across this gem. It's a never used Chef's Choice (Cabela's) model 671 with the 11" blade and 1/3 hp motor. I can hardly hear it run. This model is on sale on Cabela's online for $419.95. I didn't even argue with the guy on this one for $275.00. There will be some great French dip sandwiches around here.[​IMG]

2. boykjo

boykjo Sausage maker Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

Nice, nice, nice. I been looking for a deal like that. I have slicer programmed into my phones craiglist notification...... Hope I can find one like yours.

Congrats..............

3. tyotrain

tyotrain Master of the Pit

Nice Score congrats on slicer [​IMG]

4. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Nice Score Keith...

5. bassman

bassman Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I found a Berkel at the same time for the same price but was afraid I couldn't pick it up.  This one weighs 43 pounds and it's all I want to handle.

6. chefrob

chefrob Master of the Pit OTBS Member

az
    nice score!

7. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Congrats Keith looks like an awesome deal

8. smokeamotive

smokeamotive Smoking Fanatic

Gonna hafta start callin you Rose-------your comin out of this smellin like one! [​IMG]

9. Sweet!  Nice big blade on it.  Need to make sure the blade goes well below the slicing area or else you wnt get a clean cut.  I found that out after buying mine.  It still works, but it could work better.

Nice score.

10. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Looks like it's time to fire up the smoker & get some sirloin tip on there. Gotta break that slicer in with some thin sliced roast beef!

11. fpnmf

fpnmf Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Fl
    Nice!!  Comgrats!!

Craig

12. Great Find!!!!  Am I ever jealous!  :)