craiglist smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

glued2it

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Sep 8, 2007
Tulsa
Found this on craigs list they want $40 for it.
Thinking about buying it. Should I bother looking at it?

01010601020201030320071121b5e69197d51e1c7ab900dbf5.jpg

How far away is the determining factor. $40 is cheap, and probably worth close to that in scrap. But it might not be worth another 40 in gas.

it's not that far, I'm going to about 2mi from there today might go look at it at least. maybe I can get them down some more. They really want it gone.

To much of my surprise it was in better condidtion in person then what the picture showed it to be. When I saw how good of shape it was I didn't hesitate. I'll take some pics and post them tomorrow!

I got my CharGriller side box for $35, NIB.
smile.gif

Walked into WalMart a couple of years ago just in time to hear them announce that everything in Lawn & Garden was 50-75% off (clearing out for Christmas merchandise).
I figured I'd go check it out and see what kind of junk they had left.
The smoker caught my eye but it didn't have a reduced price tag on it yet, asked the guy how much, he checked his paperwork and said $35. It was a display model, kinda dirty from sitting outside all summer and the thermometer was broken. Figured I couldn't go wrong at that price though. I told him I'd take it but I'd have to go back and get my pickup haul it home. He pointed to some unopened boxes on the floor and said "We still have three new ones, will that fit in your trunk?". Yes it did.
tongue.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky