Crabmeat ABT's Q/Vue Heavy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rivet

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 25, 2008
The "Show Me" state
A week or so ago, TasunkaWitko had mentioned wanting to try crabmeat ABT's, and planned on doing them soon, maybe this weekend. Apparently the weather is not cooperating up there, (snow. In June. SNOW!) so, I made up a batch to try out in his place.

Here's the goods...The bottle of Coors and it's five brothers were consumed by me while cooking today!-

Mix in half a lime's juice, a couple shots of Red Devil sauce and 2 TBSP Old Bay-

Mix well, then add two cans of crabmeat, and adjust for seasoning. Here, I needed another shot of Red Devil-

Mix that up, then add the bag of Italian Cheeses-

Mix that well, then pack 'em in! Here we are, looking good... Used a paring knife to cut the ribs, and a butter knife to pop them out and scrape seeds. Worked great, but I want to get one of those jalapeno corer's I hear about-

Had this much leftovers after 18 ABT's. Darn....gonna have to make more later!
icon_twisted.gif

Into the smoker they go at 280F over applewood smoke-

An hour and a half later, done! Let me tell you they are OUTSTANDING! Thanks for the idea Tas~ and it's highly recommended. The crab flavor came through real strong.

Thanks for taking the time to enjoy my cooking. May the TBS follow you always!

Those look really good Rivet. Reminds me of an appetizer recipe we make with cheez whiz and crabmeat, plus some spices, that we spread on english muffins & bake. But these ABTs sound much more tasty...One thing: Extra Red Devil, even if they're going in jalepenos?
icon_eek.gif
You're a brave dude.

Thats some great looking Abt's there rivet sorry about the weather but a couple of those and a couple of Coor's you would care to much.

o man, those look even better than i had imagined, rivet! glad that you were able to try them and also glad that they were a success!

I love those and that sounds great and looks great.

I was thinking, we made some of the artichoke dip posted on here by Rivet and I wondered how great that would be in the Buffalo Turds.

I have to find a buffalo turd tray. Just planted some jalapeno plants so that I will have my own peppers.

Great idea Rivet.I can go out back door and get blue crabs shortly.Nice job as usual.I will definetly be trying this soon...

Wow do those look good. I've got to try ABTs one of these days.

Best,
Trout

Thanks for the Q-view, I've been wanting to do something different and this sounds like a winner.

I'm am going to try those abt's, they look fantastic.

Try using an apple corer they are the same thing and much cheaper.

Good lookin' stuff there! I have some awesome jalapenos that I got at Meijer last night. Gonna throw those on tonight while I mess around the yard.

those look really good, I have done the crab ABT's a couple times now, and think they are a great way to do the peppers.

Looks great Rivet! Done those in the past with a few differant ingredients and they are outstanding. With the leftovers I filled mushroom caps oh my another winner.

Those look great. Just a little twist on the idea - we use Olde English Cheese Spread (Kraft) with some garlic salt, crab meat and butter (with a dash of hot sauce of course.

I've never made ABT's, but my first batch (hopefully this weekend) I am going to try them like that!!

Thanks for the idea - they looked awesome

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky