Crabapple wood

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rubmymeat

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 28, 2006
Indianapolis
I know there have been questions as to whether crabapple can be used to smoke with. I used it this weekend to smoke 14 lbs. of pork butt and the result were fantastic. It looks, smells, and gives off the exact same smoke as apple. I have an absolute ton of it so I am relieved to be able to report on its merit as a smoking wood. :D NOTE that I use wood exclusively to smoke with and do not use charcoal at all. I burned a ton of it and the smoke flavor was mild and pleasant.

RMM, In the sticky "Woods for Smoking" at the top of the forum lists the Crabapple as a suitable wood. The list describes the Crabapple as being similar to apple wood.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky