Crabapple wood

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

unclealvah

Original poster
Jan 3, 2013
Vanceboro, NC
A friend of mine from New Hampshire recently sent me a box of crabapple wood, they are disk cuts about 2" x 6" I say.

I have used regular apple before so I'm wondering if this crabapple is similar in taste or stronger or what all? In fact, I've never heard any reference to it being used in a smoker  what-so-ever, now that I'm thinking about it....

Ive used it before and it's great. In fact, I can't tell the difference between crab apple and regular apple, it tastes very similar. I use it on white and pink meats mainly, also on some red meat too. Tastes great and smells good. You'll like it :)

Tyler

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky