Crab balls quick and easy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

buckinducks

Smoke Blower
Original poster
May 4, 2014
Canada
Made crab balls this past weekend in the Turkey deep frier , turned out awesome great little appetizer that's so easy you can't screw up.
Recipe calls for 1 pound crab meat,
I used 1 can of real crab and 2 small packages of imitation crab. Can use all imitation crab if you want.
Finely chop crab or use a food processor and add following ingredients .
1 cup mayo
2 small jalapeños
2 tsp old bay
Salt and pepper to taste
Roll crab in golf ball size, dip in egg wash then roll in planko crumbs,
Drop in hot oil for a few minutes till golden brown.
Out comes a crispy but steamy crab ball , dip in your favorite chipotle sauce

Been kicking your balls around all afternoon.  Don't have the crabs although I do have some salmon patties thawing.  Thinking of using it along with some smoked salmon with your recipe for supper.

Undecided.

Tom

Been kicking your balls around all afternoon.  Don't have the crabs although I do have some salmon patties thawing.  Thinking of using it along with some smoked salmon with your recipe for supper.

Undecided.

Tom

Sounds good ! It really is a very easy and tweakable recipe. Add spices and filling to your content till you find the taste you want.
Golf ball size the meat once wrapped in crumbs creates the perfect 2 bite ball that doesn't dry out or become greasy

Tom you're a riot! These are good. Used to make them all the time when I lived at the coast. Used all fresh dungeness and instead of mayo used a mixture is sour cream and cream cheese.

Sounds good ! It really is a very easy and tweakable recipe. Add spices and filling to your content till you find the taste you want.
Golf ball size the meat once wrapped in crumbs creates the perfect 2 bite ball that doesn't dry out or become greasy
Think my wife would like the two bite balls.

I thank you.

T
Tom you're a riot! These are good. Used to make them all the time when I lived at the coast. Used all fresh dungeness and instead of mayo used a mixture is sour cream and cream cheese.
I think I would like the sour cream and cream cheese also.  Will smoke some up.

Thanks,

T

Sure so would shrimp or lobster, I have some crab meat in the freezer needed using too.

They are really hard to get right, seriously, they are either to much juice or not enough.  I always figured the folks practicing up north, when they messed up lobster balls made lobster salad.
Very few lobsters up here.  All we have is elk and grizzly balls.

T

Sounds good,,,,,,,,Surprised no one said "Rocky Mountain oysters?? thems good,
cheers.gif

DS 

Sounds great.  I have a bunch of Crab and Salmon in the freezers.  Might try some of each when I get back from vacation.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky