cowgirl's UDS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cowgirl

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 2, 2007
Oklahoma
Thanks to Bubba's inspiration, I think I am finished with my UDS...at least for now.
biggrin.gif

A big thanks to campi, cajun1 and invaderQ for your help...I really appreciate your help via e-mails and pms.

Due to me being gone so much, what should have taken a few hours ended up taking weeks.....
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif
Now I hope I'm home long enough to try it out.
smile.gif

Cowgirl, that is a nice looking custom rig. Excuse my ignorence but what powers it? I see what looks like a valve at the bottom, I assume propane. But you know what assuming does.

Excellent job.

Cowgirl, Great job on the UDS!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

I've been thinking of building one myself. Can't wait to see it in action. When's the first smoke??

Thanks TMW and Stacks. :)
It has an expanded metal shelf in the bottom to hold hot coals. The ball valve is under the coal rack for air intake. I used this method on the firebox on my smokehouse and am really happy with how it works.
Got the idea from Bubba.
biggrin.gif

Stacks...I hope to break it in this weekend.
smile.gif

Looks great Patty...
Probably wont need those plugs in the exhaust, you'll need most of em open.
Is there more than 1 intake?
Like your rolling base!
wink.gif

Yep...there are three nipples and the one valve. Just like my other firebox...I like that set up

I thought about just doing one 2" exhaust hole, but that hole drill bit was so much fun......I went for 8 smaller ones..lol

Thanks Chargrilled!
I was VERY happy to find out that it was easy to roll over gravel and grass to get it to it's final resting place.
I've skunked myself more than once by building something that was too heavy for me to handle.
redface.gif
Guess I'm learning.

Nice Job Patty, What kind of bit was it? A vari-bit or holesaw---I love those vari bits, they are just awesome!

Promise you will show us her in action? CAn't wait for the pics!!
Steve

Great looking rig CG. Very nice job you did on it. I see you have your favorite beverage right where it belongs.
wink.gif
I just know you will have many great smokes on your new smoker.

Happy Smokin

Steve

Great Job Cowgirl! I think you should've painted it pink then it could be a (as Richtee said) PDS two ways. Hope to see some pork butt on that thing soon so you can see how efficient it really is.

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky