Covid is Real (Prayers needed)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA

I could use a little help. Hope I didn’t wait too long, but it just upsets me so much that this stuff was allowed to get this bad:

My Brother Jim’s wife called an ambulance to pick him up last Tuesday, because he was coughing so bad.
He tested positive for Covid-19, and was admitted to the hospital.
His Oxygen was low, so they had him wearing a “BiPap” mask.
He got out of hand, so they had to restrain him. He was also moved to ICU.

He couldn’t eat or drink with the mask on, so they took it off so he could drink, and his Oxygen dropped like a rock every time.

A couple days later, after Remdezivir, and a few other things, they put him on a Ventilator, but not full strength.
So the last couple days he’s been fed through a tube, next to his breathing tube.

Last I heard they were looking for where he’s bleeding, because his Hemoglobin is down to 6.8.
They said they might have to transfer him to another one of their hospitals, because the one he’s in isn’t capable of doing the continuous low rate Dialysis that they’d like to use on him, instead of the Stronger quick one. He never had Kidney trouble before.

He’s been going through Hell, I’m so glad he’s sedated, and not aware of what’s going on.

Jim is another Vietnam Vet, as he spent 16 1/2 months in Qui Nhon, as an Army MP.
Jim will be 76 on January 26, hopefully.

We slept in the same room for my first 16 years.

He worked 40 years at Bethlehem Steel, as a Bloomer Roller, and coached Connie Mack Baseball for 42 years (13 to 16 year olds).
We hunted, fished, drank beer, and went to Quakertown Sporting Events together.

Please throw a couple of prayers toward Jim.

Thanks,

Bear

Last edited:
I am very sorry to hear this. Offering my best thoughts.

Very sorry to hear John, prayers and hugs sent.

Covid is all too real, I’ve experienced this personally.

Prayers sent till no longer needed, have had it but no where to that extreme

So sorry to hear that Bear. Praying for your Brother, and knowing the best results will happen. This thing is so out of hand. Hopefully the vaccines will at least reduce it in 2021. Please keep us updated.

I could use a little help. Hope I didn’t wait too long, but it just upsets me so much that this stuff was allowed to get this bad:

My Brother Jim’s wife called an ambulance to pick him up last Tuesday, because he was coughing so bad.
He tested positive for Covid-19, and was admitted to the hospital.
His Oxygen was low, so they had him wearing a “BiPap” mask.
He got out of hand, so they had to restrain him. He was also moved to ICU.

He couldn’t eat or drink with the mask on, so they took it off so he could drink, and his Oxygen dropped like a rock every time.

A couple days later, after Remdezivir, and a few other things, they put him on a Ventilator, but not full strength.
So the last couple days he’s been fed through a tube, next to his breathing tube.

Last I heard they were looking for where he’s bleeding, because his Hemoglobin is down to 6.8.
They said they might have to transfer him to another one of their hospitals, because the one he’s in isn’t capable of doing the continuous low rate Dialysis that they’d like to use on him, instead of the Stronger quick one. He never had Kidney trouble before.

He’s been going through Hell, I’m so glad he’s sedated, and not aware of what’s going on.

Jim is another Vietnam Vet, as he spent 16 1/2 months in Qui Nhon, as an Army MP.
Jim will be 76 on January 26, hopefully.

We slept in the same room for my first 16 years.

He worked 40 years at Bethlehem Steel, as a Bloomer Roller, and coached Connie Mack Baseball for 42 years (13 to 16 year olds).
We hunted, fished, drank beer, and went to Quakertown Sporting Events together.

Please throw a couple of prayers toward Jim.

Thanks,

Bear

He and your family's will be in mine for sure. Everyone please keep as safe as you can this holiday season.

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky