Couple fatty questions...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tbone2k

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Mar 18, 2008
I know this question may not be welcome here. LOL But, what do you all think about cooking it in the oven.?

i was wanting to cook one tonight.. and i won't be home till it would be too late to smoke it. And would be a little while before i would have the chance to smoke it. I've never made one and after i read some stuff on here, sounds really good.!!

2nd question.. how do you think this sounds for a filling.

Spinich, moz, ricotta and parm cheese, portabella shrooms, and red onion.?

or i was thinking about a pizza fatty.. but, we just had pizza last night. :)

oven will work in a pinch but if ya just had pizza last night wait till ya can smoke that one and try something different.
icon_idea.gif

The oven will work, yall won't have the smoke flavor, buy it will be cooked an better then anythin yer gonna find in a store.

As ta fillins, let yer concince be yer guide!

I'm with them no smokeyness but would still taste great. I suggest putting it on some kind of rack inside the pan tho to keep it from soaking in the juice

Yup, thats what i did.! and with that.. also, some help from Capt Dan's post on how to roll a fatty, that damn thing looked just like his.!! only problem was that i think i spread it too thin. it started coming apart during the roll. but, when i wrapped it up, it came back together. And i made some wicked beans. and YEAH, those are damn good. I made them with very little heat though. My wife isn't a big fan. But, i think i'll add some stuff to it to make it less "lady" friendly.
biggrin.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky