Couple Butts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Beautiful piece of work Jake, nice bark and color, that cherry wood really does a little something special on a offset, big Like! RAY

Thanks bud. I'd have preferred pickled red onions for sure. I love them. Need to make a batch as I've had a couple things recently I wished I had them for. I'm sure you've heard of Nashville hot chicken. They also do Nashville hot catfish sandwiches. I always get pickles, pickled red onions and tartar sauce on mine..... delicious
The first time I had Nashville chicken was in Augusta, Georgia of all places and it was delicious. I can only imagine catfish. One local place has it on the menu (using chicken tenders) but it's a gong. What is the traditional seasoning/spice, and what are the preferred pieces of chicken to use?

The first time I had Nashville chicken was in Augusta, Georgia of all places and it was delicious. I can only imagine catfish. One local place has it on the menu (using chicken tenders) but it's a gong. What is the traditional seasoning/spice, and what are the preferred pieces of chicken to use?
Hattie B's and Prince's have a feud about who actually started Nashville hot chicken. To me hattie B's is the best. There are hundreds of places around here for it. They do fat tenders, whole wings, and bone in breasts. Those are the most popular parts. Breaded in seasoned flour. There are many different heat levels. Fried in oil. Then after fried dipped in a hot oil and cayenne heavy mixture then dusted with the cayenne rub minus the oil. I can send you a shaker of some popular hot chicken seasoning from here if you pm address. Our kroger carries a pretty good version of their store brand not sure if that's nation wide. The key though is that hot oil cayenne dip after frying. Like I said be happy to send you some

Very nice. I do miss my stick burner. Nothing gives that flavor . Nice work bud .

Hattie B's and Prince's have a feud about who actually started Nashville hot chicken. To me hattie B's is the best. There are hundreds of places around here for it. They do fat tenders, whole wings, and bone in breasts. Those are the most popular parts. Breaded in seasoned flour. There are many different heat levels. Fried in oil. Then after fried dipped in a hot oil and cayenne heavy mixture then dusted with the cayenne rub minus the oil. I can send you a shaker of some popular hot chicken seasoning from here if you pm address. Our kroger carries a pretty good version of their store brand not sure if that's nation wide. The key though is that hot oil cayenne dip after frying. Like I said be happy to send you some
Thanks for the offer.... We have one Kroger affiliate store, and they have it in stock so I'm going to pick some up for a test ride.

Reactions: TNJAKE
you WILL bring me some pork butt-look into my eyes!
g5CVSOg.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky