Country Style Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

big dawgg

Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Central Nebraska
What is the best method to do country style ribs? I did a search and found a few things but still not sure if the 3-2-1 method is the best or not. Is it best to just smoke and cook to around 165 internal, or is a higher temp better. The wife brought some home from the store and I have never put them in the smoker before.

3-2-1 is more for baby back and spares. Really not intended for country style. Country style actually aren't ribs at all. They are portions of the front shoulder.
Goodluck.

When I do country style, you have to treat them like pork butt, like ds said. I usualy rub them up the night before and refridgerate, toss em on the smoke for a couple hrs before spraying with apple juice and capt morgans. I then try to spray em every 45 min to an hr. take them to about 160-170, foil em for a couple more hrs, and when they hit 190-200, pull em off and let em rest for 45 min to an hr in a cooler(still in foil)

these are just at 170- ready for foil!

Thanks for the help. Going to be putting them on soon with some of Dutch's Wicked Baked Beans.
icon_lol.gif

I will post some Q-view later.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky