Country Style Rib...internal temp...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

texasrob

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 24, 2014
Hello All,

Im doing a beer can chicken ...bigger bird like 7lbs, indirect cooking on my kamado and have some csr I want to add in the cook as well.

What internal am I looking for on the rib pieces? I thought I saw 145ish online...but thought it should be higher like 160ish.

Will probably have the grill at about 275ish.

Thanks

Rob

This is probably too late and I apologize. CSR, in my area of PA and NJ come in two forms. Boneless, 1" x 2" strips cut from a Butt. They are dark meat and cook like a Butt until probe tender, 180°F+. The other style are on the bone and have a portion of light pink meat like a Loin. They are better cooked to 145-150°F max or they get dry...JJ

Boneless...

images

On the Bone...

images

Thank you for the reply...the ones I'm doing today are boneless.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky