Country style pork ribs & BBQ potatoes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smell smoke

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 24, 2015
South Carolina
Got a pack of thick pork ribs for $6 and wasn't really sure what I was going to do. So I decided to cook them sorta like I do with ribs, 2-2-1. Wife has been wanting me to change up my rubs and go a little sweeter so I obliged.
My Sweet Rub:
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup turbinado sugar
1/4 cup garlic powder
1/2 cup paprika
2 tbl spoon black pepper
1 tbl spoon ground ginger
2 tbl spoon onion powder
2 tea spoons rosemary

Covered them with SPOG and let standing for 10 minutes, mustard then the rub. Smoked at 225 with apple wood for 2 hours, sprayed every 30 minutes. Wrapped after applying butter, honey & brown sugar. Cooked for 2 hours. Unwrapped and painted with BBQ sauce for one hour. Very tasty.

BBQ potatoes: 3 1/2 lb bag red potatoes
Cut red potatoes into inch pieces. Mixed them in a homemade sauce. Baked at 400 for 50 minutes.
Sauce for potatoes:
2 tbl spoon melted butter
1 tbl spoon honey
1 tbl spoon chili powder
1/4 tea spoon garlic powder
1/4 tea spoon black pepper
Very tasty, compliments the pork real good.

Smell Smoke

Nice ,SS . I to enjoy CSR's . Yours look devine
drool.gif

Have fun and . . .

They look great! Thanks for the rub and potatoes recipe. I'm always looking for new  recipe's.
Thanks, the only thing I'd do different next time is probably add a little season salt to the potatoes before I put the sauce on. It needed a little salt. But the sauce was very good.

Good job, SS. We like a sweet rub also and yours looks a lot like mine. I also have a sauce that is built around the same type rub. Add cider vinegar, honey, ketchup and Heinz 57. We really like it. Good luck, Joe

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky