country style (loin back) not quite as planned

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

camp_cookie

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Feb 26, 2007
I went by my local meat shop today planning to pick up some pork tenderloin and bacon for supper tonight. Unfortunately, he was out of tenderloin; so, I ended up getting some country style "ribs" from him. Unlike the other places in the area, this guy cuts his from the loin back instead of slicing up a pork shoulder.

I set up my Weber for indirect and threw on some apple wood. I put the country style on. When I cook country style cut from pork shoulder, it usually takes around and hour and half. It dawned on me at about 45 minutes that these were loin and would cook more like a pork chop. At that point, I went out with a glaze that I had made of locally produced honey and pure apple juice. I found the pork almost done. I put on the glaze, but I didn't have enough time to let it really set.

This is how they turned out:

They were pretty good, but they were slightly over cooked. I prefer the country style cut from a pork shoulder and will just go ahead and get straight up chops in the future instead of doing these from the loin.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky