Country Ribs With A Pipe Wrench? W/QVIEW AND A Surprise

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ronp

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 27, 2008
I was going to do a roast pork and sauerkraut and dumplings smoke, but the wife don't like dumplings so I added potatoes instead. You can use a pork loin, spare ribs, but I had these, it will still work. The sauerkraut is the surprise. But things went wrong quickly. As I was getting things ready the damned jar of the sauerkraut wouldn't open. Ok, not a big deal I thought, got out a towel, no dice, one of those jar opener rubber things, no, bang on the lid with a knife, no, under hot water, no, wife holding while I twist, no, Vice grips, no, werent big enough, ah a pipe wrench, wasn't big enough, WAIT! What about that BIG SUCKER on the wall that I haven't used in 20 years, YES, maybe there is hope. Took two hands to get it off the wall brought in and Guess What? It worked.

Before.

After. Needed a quick fix after 10 minutes of opening a jar, sheesh.

Now, onto the smoke. 2 pounds sauerkraut, white onoins and white potatoes, caraway seeds, garlic powder and lemon pepper.

The Ribs, about 3 pounds seasoned with garlic powder,and lemon pepper.

In the smoker at 230' for a couple hours of smoke then covered to braise a while.

Thanks for watching folks, we had quite a laugh in the chat about the wrench. They also had quiite a few other ideas that were hilarious. Hope ya get a laugh also.

Ron

I looked but couldn't find it, and my fav brand the fresh was almost 4 dollars, Klauson.

Thanks.

Thanks Lee, yea it worked for me. Opening a jar though?

I put the ribs on the sauerkraut and foiled, till the am at 175 with the damper closed.

Thanks for watching!!

Ron

If your wife is anything like mine, she probably naagged when you got the "biggest pipe wrench in the world" and didnt believe you when you said "Some day i might need it sweetie." Today is its time to be a star. Shine on pipe wrench, shine on
cool.gif

the flavor combo of pork and kraut is awesome!!! they were meant for each other. great smoke ron!!!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
points man!

Dang!! Great idea for the pork... I sat on mine for three days waitin for an idea to come but nuttin. Well,,, I'll have to try that one some time...
Looks like a tastey meal there.

Looks excellent Ron!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

I like the pipe wrench, looks like something I'd use to open a jar. lol

Have ya ever used a high heel for a hammer and a butter knife for a screwdriver? Two of my favorite tools.
redface.gif

Yep!

I was thinking of you when I thought of this, since you make your own kraut.

Thanks for the points!

Thanks!

Thanks, it will be very tasty.

Thanks Jeanie, lol on the high heels, but I don't own any.
cool.gif

Thanks we had quite a few laughs in chat last night.

I took it out and took a few pics and the battery died so I will post them tonight. It looks and smells yummy.

Thanks everybody for watching the QVIEW!

Here is the finale'.

This AM, fork tender.

This AM before cooling in fridge.

Wifes dinner, just old fashioned grub, nothing fancy.
She declared this a 5 star meal.

At about $1.00 a pound the above meal cost less than a dollar.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Corn was 3 for a buck, potatoes .99 a pound, ribs .99, sweet! And delicious to boot.

Thanks for watching my QVIEW, I appreciate all the comments.

Hey Ron, ya mde sone Sweet looking Kraut and the meat looks great and fork tender the smoked kraut is something im going to have to try good job...points for combo neaver would have put the two together....alos the pipewrench a new must have for my bbq kit...lol

Thanks Jeanie, It would make a nice camping dish I think.

Thanks Kratz, didn't have to think hard, just old memories as someone mentioned.

Thanks Joe, and thanks for the points, always are appreciated Make sure ya get a big wrench.
icon_smile.gif

Thanks for watching everyone.

Yea but I was able to eat it without pickin out the glass.
icon_smile.gif

Wife never eats the same dinner 2 nights in a row. Last night I asked her what she wanted since I do all the cooking. She said "Do we have any ribs left?. They were soooo good."

So, thats what she had. All I had to do was steam them for 10 minutes and dinner was served.

Nice and easy.
icon_smile.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky