costco rotisserie chickens

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wafflestomper

Original poster
Nov 14, 2010
The costco rotisserie chickens i've heard are pre brined and injected already so the people at costco just have to throw it in the oven they have and whammo! i've also heard some of the costco's will sell you the chickens raw so you can smoke them. who's had luck with this, are they usually really cool with it or is this something you would have to get a manager to approve? just curious because im thinking of going down there to get a couple of them for the weekend to smoke.

We had a member who used to get the chickens like this from sams.

He said it's not something they normally do but it don't hurt to ask?

I asked at my local Costco and they couldn't sell me individual chickens because of the new packaging laws. Basically they have to have a label with ingredients and allergens listed that they can put on the product, and they don't have any labels like that for the individual raw chickens. They can sell you an entire case of chickens because it has the required labeling on the case, but that is a lot of chicken.

Sam's club sells really good chickens that come in two packs and they aren't frozen. We buy them all the time and really like them. My freezer usually has several at any given time.

Last edited:
Sam's club sells really good chickens that come in two packs and they aren't frozen. We buy them all the time and really like them. My freezer usually has several an any given time.
Nice.... I wish Costco would do that. We don't have Sam's Club here
frown.gif
. Best I can do is to buy an already cooked Costco chicken for a quick no fuss dinner.

Our Costco sells 2 Foster Farms Chickens in a bag. Have always had good luck smoking them

Our Costco sells 2 Foster Farms Chickens in a bag. Have always had good luck smoking them
Those are a good deal, but we were talking about the ones they roast and sell hot. I was thinking how good their roasted chickens are, and how good they would be if you smoked them instead of roasting them.

But I do watch the coupon book for when they have the buy one bag with two chickens and get another bag free. I love that coupon.
biggrin.gif

I was planning to get a few chickens from Sam's and cold smoke them for a little while just to give them some flavor and then freeze them and when I want to eat them I will thaw and cook them in my Ronco Rotisserie. What could be better, smoked rotisserie chicken. HMMMMM

icon_cool.gif

Now you better know someone at even Sam's. I checked at the one by us here in Fla and they told me that they couldn't seel them raw. Now you can buy as many of them that are cooked but I like to cook my own food. It's hard to even go out to a restaurant for I think that I and more then half of the folks here can cook better then most of them out there.

Yeah I still think Coscto and Sams are missing out on some good revenue selling their seasoned uncooked chickens. They would be sooooo good on either a smoker or a grill.

ugh the costco shot me down to get the rotisserie chickens wouldnt even sell the case of them to me, i spoke to a manager and it was funny, at the same time some other passerby was like yeah why dont you guys sell those raw i'd love to freeze them and cook them in my smoker to....haha!

Those are a good deal, but we were talking about the ones they roast and sell hot. I was thinking how good their roasted chickens are, and how good they would be if you smoked them instead of roasting them.

But I do watch the coupon book for when they have the buy one bag with two chickens and get another bag free. I love that coupon.
biggrin.gif
I know, but they won't sell their other ones so we might as well enjoy what we can get

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky