Corned Pork

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Congratulations!! You just invented ham.
biggrin.gif

It does look really good though. Care to share how you got the apple flavor?

Sure thing. I call it "corned pork" because I used the same brine recipe that I'm using for corned beef. I used about 2/3-3/4 of a small bottle of pickling spice and the same amount of juniper berries. So I guess its more the background flavors of apple pie (cinnamon, ginger, allspice, etc.) than the apple. I'm getting the rest of the apple flavor from the slaw. To make it I used standard shredded cabbage, granny smith and braeburn apples, and a mixture I made of the rest of the spice and berries and seasoned rice vinegar. I cooked the spices in a little of the vinegar before cooling it and adding more to the mixture along with a bit of garlic mayo for creaminess.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky