Corned Beef Brisket (Pastrami) and Goose Breasts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mj-air23

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
Jamestown, North Dakota
I put a 4 lb. corned beef brisket on the smoker this morning for some Pastrami and some goose breasts for jerky. I soaked the brisket in water overnight changing water every 2 hours. I used a rub that I got off the SMF and rubbed both brisket and goose breasts with the same ingredients. Put them in the smoker at 200-225 degrees and I am using mixed Maple and Pecan as my choice of smoking wood. Things are progressing nicely, and I will keep you all updated. Outside temp this morning is about 20 degrees above zero (thank goodness!). Here are some pre q-view...
146a1633_vbattach17388.jpg

7a7b4108_vbattach17387.jpg

6f450fd5_vbattach17386.jpg

60f37d3a_vbattach17385.jpg

Mighty fine looking, waiting for more qviews. You know, its too bad that they don't make this forum and monitors a "Scratch and Sniff". But then again, I would probably have a worn out spot on my lcd.
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif

Andy.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky