Coring Jalapeño Peppers

Discussion in 'ABT's' started by the_selling_blues_man, Aug 2, 2008.

1. I used this Tomato Corer to clean out Jalapeño Peppers. Cut the tip of the pepper off, insert the corer and twist and push down until it hits the bottom of the pepper. It easily removed the seeds and all of the membrane. I cleaned 50 peppers tonight and it worked great.

[​IMG]

2. supervman

supervman Smoking Fanatic

I'll try that.
    I've even used a chop stick to swirl in the cavity and it works pretty good.

3. bearmoe

bearmoe StickBurners SMF Premier Member

Nice idea, I have to find one of those.

4. nomorecoop

nomorecoop Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

I use a very small whisk to clean mine, Actually, I use the wrong end. I use the end with the circle for hanging.

Works great!

5. We are having a bumper crop (size and quantity) of peppers in Northern Indiana this summer. The downside is I have never grown peppers this HOT. They are truely atomic this year! Is anyone else seeing the same thing?

6. monty

monty Master of the Pit Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

There is such a device as a jalapeno corer. They are readily available through Cabelas and most places where you can buy kitchen gadgets. They are just the right size and length to clean a jalapeno in one pass.

Cheers!

7. bearmoe

8. bassman

bassman Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

This one is similar to my old apple corer which I find adequate. I also use a small spoonlike scraper to get the last of the seeds out of the tip. One other thing I do is to core the peppers in a sink full of water. Otherwise I can't breathe[​IMG][​IMG] .

9. desertlites

desertlites Master of the Pit OTBS Member

tater peeler works great too.

10. flyin'illini

flyin'illini Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

blues man -- I use one of those. I also use a peeler like Des says. Thanks for the the Cabelas link!

11. bearmoe

The corer looks like a tater peeler. I'll try that and keep my $$$ for meat.

12. flyin'illini

flyin'illini Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

True. Plus, last time I just made ABT 'boats' based on what I think Tip did on here. Worked great.

13. blacklab

blacklab Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

X 2 [​IMG]

14. tbucher1218

tbucher1218 Smoke Blower

I use one similar to that, picked it up at Albertsons for couple bucks.

15. morkdach

morkdach Master of the Pit OTBS Member

x3[​IMG] .
    but no pizazz for some reason mine are very mild this year have to leave some seeds and viens in em ta make em give ya a kick